Friday, September 01, 2006

New class!

I am taking Library Materials for Children, a class that is right up my alley. This is a class where you HAVE to read great books, my idea of nirvana. This weekend will be a blur of reading for class, preparing for 6th grade orientation in the library and moving my son into his dorm room at Columbia in Chicago.

On other fronts, school is racing off to a quick start. I taught 8 classes today in between trying to catalog books, process new items, reconcile orders and refill our beanbag chairs. I have established a blog for my book club that is not blocked. Yea! Now, all I have to do is find a way to enroll kids so that it is a closed blog for just the members of my book club. I know Andy did that with our RSS group, so I know it is possible. I will try to figure it out before our book club starts meeting. A few eighth graders are already interested in the book club and will be checking with their friends to get enough participants to make it worthwhile for all of us.

2 Comments:

Blogger andystardust said...

How cool that you are setting up a blog. By "closed," do you mean that you want only certain students to be able to post to the blog, or that you want only certain students to be able to visit the blog? Depending on what blogging software you're using, I think both are probably possible. Good luck!

10:38 AM  
Blogger EBB-Texan said...

Andy, I am look to make it a blog so that only the members can post as you did with the one for RSS. I thinkg if I get their e-mail address, I can send an invitation, but I need to check into it a little further.
Thanks for responding!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home